DST 1031 Headquarters
We Specialize in DST’s and 1031 Exchanges.
DST 1031 Headquarters
Asset Strategy is your DST Headquarters. We specialize in helping Real Estate Investors and income property owners leverage the benefits of DSTs & 1031 Exchanges. We provide guidance on exchange possibilities and potential replacement properties. With an average of over 25 years of experience, our team of professionals have been helping real estate investors create tax-saving strategies while still reaping the benefits of real estate ownership. Our robust Marketplace is updated weekly and allows Accredited Investors to browse currently available DST and Ozone properties, view photo slide throughs, the investment criteria, and area insights all in one place. If you need help handling your transaction, we can also refer you to our vast network of experienced Qualified Intermediaries.
A DST allows an Investor to purchase a fractional interest in potentially high-quality property or portfolio of properties such as:
WHAT IS A DELAWARE STATUTORY TRUST?
A Delaware Statutory Trust (DST) is a legal entity formed under Delaware trust law that may be structured to qualify as eligible “like-kind” replacement property for the purposes of 1031 Exchanges.
DSTs permit eligible investors to become proportional owners of professionally managed, institutional-quality real estate projects alongside other accredited investors. As such, DSTs permit Exchangers the potential of achieving the tax benefits of 1031s when exchanged into a passively owned, turnkey investment property.
WHAT IS A 1031 EXCHANGE?
A 1031 Like-Kind Exchange allows an investor or business owner to sell an investment property and replace it with another property (passive or active ownership) of equal or greater value within a time frame of 180 days from the date of close using a qualified intermediary. If all the criteria are met the investor can defer taxes on up to 100% of capital gains created from the sale of the original property. Some form of 1031 Like-Kind exchanges has been around since 1921.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- DSTs can help relinquish the burden of managing properties without giving up the benefits of real estate investing. DSTs have professional management, so investors don’t have to deal with tenants and associated upkeep.
- As a 1031 exchange, landlords can sell their investment properties, defer all income tax on the sale of the properties and avoid leaving a tax burden to their heirs. If structured properly, in addition to tax deferral treatment, this investment product can provide long-term income and asset preservation.
- With DSTs, you can collect monthly income on-time with no worries about maintenance, repairs, or vacancies with a portion of this income being received potentially tax-free. DSTs also allow you the ability to participate in increasing income based on any applicable rent increases.
- You will be able to capture your share of any appreciation of the DST investment properties over time.
- DSTs offer you the opportunity to diversify your portfolio by giving you the ability to choose investments with various geographic locations, property types and debt leverage.
STEPS TOWARD COMPLETING AN EXCHANGE
The path toward successful 1031 exchanges includes incorporating and understanding several key steps:
- Consult early on with 1031-familiar real estate professionals to help with your sale and finding replacement property/properties.
- Engage an experienced Qualified Intermediary (we can make a referral) to handle the transaction.
- Confirm the Qualified Intermediary can securely protect your exchange proceeds during the period between your exchange sale and replacement property purchase.
- Align with professionals specializing in the DST marketplace who have ready access to a selection of pre-screened DSTs vetted by a thorough due-diligence process.
- Expect strong coordination and frequent updates from your 1031 exchange team.
- Start searching for Replacement Property as early as your schedule allows to avoid rushes and deadline crunches
TIMELINE FOR 1031 EXCHANGE
Interested in the Delaware Statutory Trust 1031 Exchange Process?
View our assortment of available properties.
To view a copy of our Customer Relationship Summary (CRS), please Click Here
DST 1031 properties are only available to accredited investors (typically defined as having a $1 million net worth excluding primary residence or $200,000 income individually/$300,000 jointly of the last three years; or have an active Series 7, Series 82, or Series 65. Individuals holding a Series 66 do not fall under this definition) and accredited entities only. If you are unsure if you are an accredited investor and/or an accredited entity, please verify with your CPA and Attorney.
IRC Section 1031, IRC Section 1033 and IRC Section 721 are complex tax concepts, therefore you should consult your legal or tax professional regarding the specifics of your particular situation.
There are risks associated with investing in real estate and Delaware Statutory Trust (DST) properties including, but not limited to, loss of entire investment principal, declining market values, tenant vacancies, lack of liquidity with restrictions on ownership and transfer. Potential cash flow, returns and appreciation are not guaranteed and could be substantially lower than anticipated. Diversification does not guarantee profits or protection against losses.
There are material risks associated with investing in real estate securities including illiquidity, general market conditions, interest rate risks, financing risks, potential adverse tax consequences, general economic risks, development risks, and potential loss of the entire investment principal.
Because investor situations and objectives vary this information is not intended to indicate suitability for any individual investor.
Asset Strategy does not offer legal or tax advice. Please consult the appropriate professional regarding your individual circumstances.
There is no guarantee investment plans will meet its objectives.
This site is published for residents of the United States only. Representatives may only conduct business with residents of the states and jurisdictions in which they are properly registered. Therefore, a response to a request for information may be delayed until appropriate registration is obtained or exemption from registration is determined. Not all of services referenced on this site are available in every state and through every advisor listed. For additional information, please contact Asset Strategy at email@example.com.